Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Belated Happy Father's Day, Dad...

My Dad is to be 84 this year. I had a very "up and down" life with him. He could be hurtful and at other times loving. It all depended upon his temperament of the day. I suppose many fathers are like that, but it was confusing to us all just the same.  He had to deal with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from the Korean War. This was back before that became commonplace in vets.

He is dealing with Dementia now. My brother lives next door to him, so he cares for Dad on a daily basis. It is hard. I feel for my brother because Dad can become very ornery and obstinate. One thing my brother says is that every day before he walks back home, Dad will shake his hand and thank him for being there to help.  That's just my Dad.    Love you Dad!

Dad in 2011 before Dementia took over.

Dad last summer.

No comments: